Travel Accident Insurance
>> Travel Accident Insurance - Cool As A Cucumber Help In Crunch Time
We can just feel your level of excitement. Even though we've been in the game for so long, or perhaps because of it, we know how fantastic travel is and how the level of excitement builds the closer you get to leaving. Now, we absolutely don't want to rain on your parade- but we would like to put forward a couple of suggestions, such as, don't think in an emergency you or your friends will have it together enough to handle all the arrangements- and don't ever think you'll have enough cash. Cool as a cucumber efficiency and decisive help in crunch time- that's what travel accident insurance is there for.
iTrek have teamed up with the exceptional expertise of AIG Travel Assist for all emergency situations. They really know our Aussie travellers, including students and gap year travellers and those into backpacker travel, and provide emergency assistance that gives you these fabulous 24/7 benefits:
- Transport to the nearest, suitable, hospital plus hospital case management and a legal referral service
- Bringing in a second opinion if it comes to surgery
- Payment guarantees to hospitals (or the hospital might not even look at you in some countries)
- Staying in touch with your family back home and keeping them up to date
- Emergency planning and help replacing your travel documents, passport and credit cards
- Emergency evacuation home if that's what you need
- 24-hour reverse charge emergency assistance and medical help and advice line from anywhere around the world.
And all this is a standard inclusion with each and every policy! We won't let you head off on your overseas trip without this security.
In addition to this incredible standard cover, we offer four levels of low cost insurance from Bronze to Platinum with all levels providing unlimited hospital and medical travel insurance as well.
We have worldwide cover, or for specific regions such as South African travel, Europe and the UK, insurance direct to a specific country such as Russia or China or wandering from place to place around South East Asia or wherever.
Hop online to get cheap travel insurance information and quotes for your travel accident insurance. By purchasing online you get an even cheaper rate- though the kind of cover your purchasing is worth every cent and way more.
For our other insurance policies, please visit our travel insurance page.
>> Super Tips for Backpackers
- Your backpack is your home away from home so you can't afford to get a flimsy one (though if it's new spend a bit of time giving it a slightly battered look). Buy yourself a good brand that sits high on your back with a solid, waterproof base. You'll be glad of the extra support on the base if you put it down in rough, wet conditions often enough.
- If you've got rice in your pack, you've got a meal- but don't make it your only food source, just a funds are really short but I've got to eat meal. Sometimes the extra food cupboard in the hostels have help yourself bits and pieces you could add.