Gap Year Travel Insurance
>> Gap Year Insurance With The Security Of Home
What's your pleasure? To party - to learn - to run free - to volunteer - to wander? Gap year insurance is designed just for you because the last thing you'll be thinking about is staying snug at home.
We hope you've been saving because gap year is when you do all those things you are never likely to do again for the rest of your life - maybe! Thank goodness we've got cheap travel insurance policies (including backpacker travel insurance and student travel insurance) that will leave you with change in your pocket.
You won't want to waste this priceless opportunity, especially with so many companies now providing an amazing range of safe, (well, semi-safe) organised activities, so let's check some of them out now:
Adventure - take to the sea in a tall ship or take an African safari through Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Botswana, hike the Himalayas, canyon swing in the Grand Canyon and go backpacking across North America, join an environmental research team in the Arctic or along the Amazon, dive the coral reefs along Madagascar and even combine it with Volunteering by helping to conduct research on the reef system and identify marine species.
Volunteering - help to install a gravity water feed for a village in Borneo, coach Malaysian kids to play football, live and work on a big game reserve in South Africa, teach English in India or South America or China or... You can even volunteer right here in Australia as a ringer on an outback station.
Sport - ski and snowboard the Canadian snowfields or train as a ski instructor in Switzerland, play polo in South Africa or kayak the Nile.
These suggestions are just the tip, and the whole iceberg is out there waiting for you.
And while you're having the time of your life, we'll handle the travel insurance, direct you to the best options and cover you with the best, low cost, annual insurance - the kind that will let your mother sleep nights. Medical and travel insurance, emergency and alternative transport expenses, cancellation fees, lost luggage, cash and cards and more plus the security of AIG Travel Assist.
This is a gap year insurance worth its weight in home cooked meals and clean sheets.
>> Gap Year Security Tips
- Plan ahead - actually imagine scenarios where you could lose your wallet or passport and guard against it. Take multiple copies of everything. Make sure you have a travel insurance policy in place - given the types of activities you'll be engaged in, make it a comprehensive policy.
- Dress for the culture your in. This is important and is particularly true for females in an amazing number of countries.
- Keep in touch with family and friends back home and always let everyone know your plans.
- Leave iPods and similar bits and pieces at home. And you can bet you won't half the clothes you've packed.
- Most importantly - pack your sense of humour, your flexibility and your sense of adventure.